New Members Introduction Thread

bigwave

• Community Manager
5 hours ago, Jasonpoet721 said:

Hello, my name is Jason.  I am new here.  But I am a longtime fan of U2.  I chose to become a member of this fan club because sometimes you can't make it on your own.  Sorry if I borrowed a lyric.  Recently, I was diagnosed with Colon Cancer.  I am still navigating it.  Music has always been a safe place for me.  U2 has been a safe place for me.  I am sure we are all searching for similar things in their music.  Joy, love, heartbreak, strength and so much more.  I listen to U2X Radio a lot.  I find solace there.  Songs like Love is Bigger than Anything in its Way and Where the Streets Have No Name pretty much sum up where I am at this moment in time.  Anyhow, I don't mean to bore you.  I just want to say hello.  Thank you for being fans.  Thank you for allowing me the luxury to join your ranks.  Peace.  

Blessing to have you... welcome to the Zoo!

:Vertigo:

• Subscriber

It's been years since I've had a U2 Subscription, but I'm thrilled and proud to say..."I'm BACK!" 

Really looking forward to seeing Bono's Surrender show at the Beacon theater in NYC this coming April 2023! 

Has anyone seen him before he enters the theater? I was curious if he stops for photos. 

I may use my 25% coupon on a new U2 shirt, but there doesn't seem to be a size chart?

Not a big deal. 

Anyway...Hello Everyone! 😎

• Community Moderator
2 hours ago, Flyshades42 said:

It's been years since I've had a U2 Subscription, but I'm thrilled and proud to say..."I'm BACK!" 

Really looking forward to seeing Bono's Surrender show at the Beacon theater in NYC this coming April 2023! 

Has anyone seen him before he enters the theater? I was curious if he stops for photos. 

I may use my 25% coupon on a new U2 shirt, but there doesn't seem to be a size chart?

Not a big deal. 

Anyway...Hello Everyone! 😎

Welcome back. 

• Subscriber
On 12/19/2022 at 9:46 PM, Jasonpoet721 said:

Music has always been a safe place for me

same

On 12/19/2022 at 9:46 PM, Jasonpoet721 said:

Love is Bigger than Anything in its Way and Where the Streets Have No Name pretty much sum up where I am at this moment in time.  Anyhow, I don't mean to bore you.

same again.

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis.  I'll be shooting up lots of good thought/wishes and obnoxious pleas for your health to return to normal.

Nothing you wrote bored me. Hi and welcome. The games part of this website is a good way to laugh, find some silliness and get one's mine off all the crap life can throw at us.

• Subscriber
On 12/23/2022 at 10:45 AM, Flyshades42 said:

Yes, he did.  Look in the Bono book tour thread.  I think that's where people posted about it and there are pictures. 

On 12/23/2022 at 10:45 AM, Flyshades42 said:

I'm a large. The shirts seem to run pretty true to size, but it's European sizing. If you like a little room when wearing-I might go one size up.  Mine fit well.  I do wash them in cold on delicate to protect the designs and I air dry them to prevent shrinking.  Last one I bought was the Slane tee with the suitcase heart.  I love it. 

Nice to see your return.  Hi. 

• thumbs up 1

Hey There All. My Name is Rik Church and I hail from Colorado. I was lucky enough to be smart enough to buy a ticket to The June 5th 1983 show at Red Rocks and I have been a diehard U2 fan ever since that amazing day. I am sure you have heard the stories, torrential downpour ( which happened quite often in those days as it goes ) all of us sticking around hoping and praying our favorite band was going to play. There was some question, electrocution by guitar would have stopped the U2 juggernaut right there in it's tracks. The band waited, we waited and finally there was a reprieve from the rain as the clouds descended upon Red Rocks that evening. The rest as they say is history. Like many of you I am sure U2 has been THE band of my life! To say they are part of my personal life soundtrack just doesn't quite seem to cut it. They have been, are and will always be " My " band. I am not much of a "Fanboy" ( I tend to take my music personally and keep my opinions to myself most of the time ) so I am very very late to the party here. I will be 55 years old in April and decided it's time to update my U2 vinyl collection. The music brought me here, The lyrics brought me here, The Goodness that is the best band to ever grace the planet brought me here. I am happy to be here.

• Like 1
  • thumbs up 1

• Community Moderator
8 hours ago, RedRocksRik said:

Hey There All. My Name is Rik Church and I hail from Colorado. I was lucky enough to be smart enough to buy a ticket to The June 5th 1983 show at Red Rocks and I have been a diehard U2 fan ever since that amazing day. I am sure you have heard the stories, torrential downpour ( which happened quite often in those days as it goes ) all of us sticking around hoping and praying our favorite band was going to play. There was some question, electrocution by guitar would have stopped the U2 juggernaut right there in it's tracks. The band waited, we waited and finally there was a reprieve from the rain as the clouds descended upon Red Rocks that evening. The rest as they say is history. Like many of you I am sure U2 has been THE band of my life! To say they are part of my personal life soundtrack just doesn't quite seem to cut it. They have been, are and will always be " My " band. I am not much of a "Fanboy" ( I tend to take my music personally and keep my opinions to myself most of the time ) so I am very very late to the party here. I will be 55 years old in April and decided it's time to update my U2 vinyl collection. The music brought me here, The lyrics brought me here, The Goodness that is the best band to ever grace the planet brought me here. I am happy to be here.

Welcome to the Zoo! 

Be sure to check out the House Rules tab; and if you have any questions, just let us know. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Hi all, does someone know if U2 will make a Tour, after the « stories of surrender Tour «  at the Beacon Theater ? I mean a Tour with the 4 members of U2 ?
I heard about a concert at the Croke Park in Dublin in May 2023, but there is no announcement. 

• Community Moderator
6 hours ago, Lilablue said:

Hi all, does someone know if U2 will make a Tour, after the « stories of surrender Tour «  at the Beacon Theater ? I mean a Tour with the 4 members of U2 ?
I heard about a concert at the Croke Park in Dublin in May 2023, but there is no announcement. 

Hi and welcome to the Zoo. 

There are a lot of rumours and speculations floating around. Best thing to do is keep checking here, the main page and U2’s official social media accounts. If/when something is announced, the news will be in all of those places.