New Members Introduction Thread

bigwave

• Subscriber
On 3/17/2023 at 7:02 PM, SharkGoddess2055 said:

HI! I'm not new to U2.com or Zootopia. I was here years back. But I'm back in the saddle again. I hope to meet new faces and see some old ones too. 

Hello.  I've never known a  shark goddess.  :)

• 1 month later...

Hello all, it's Daniela here. Loving Bono and U2 now even more than when I was "young". I am listening to U2 lately every time I feel the need to realign my days with my intentions.

The book, Surrender, is really a gift.  I was hoping to buy a ticket for Bono's show this Saturday in Naples but it was impossible to get it. Please, if there is anyone who needs to sell one, let me know.

Happy birthday, Bono!

xoxo

• Community Moderator
8 hours ago, everything_in_its_right_place said:

been  u2 fan since i was born, so not new to that but i am new to whatever this place is

Welcome! If you have any questions about the forums, just let us know.

• Like 1

• Subscriber

Hi, i thought I'd pop in and say hi. New to the board but I LOVE U2 and also enjoy chatting with fellow fans. I've been a fan since I first heard Rejoice years and years ago, and fell in love with that  epic guitar sound.  Achtung Baby is probably my favorite album, but Joshua Tree is way up there on the list and I admit I have a huge love for Pop. I've only managed to see them live once-a few years back on the innocence and experience tour in chicago.  I almost got to see the Zoo TV tour years ago. I was a teenager and they had expressed interest in bringing the tour to memorial stadium in Champaign IL. That's the football stadium for the university of illinois. But, the city leaders in their glorious wisdom decided not to let them use the stadium because of noise concerns and that it would destroy the field. I was heart broken..I still believe that is the coolest tour ever by a rock band, and I didn't even get to go! But, my wonderful wife agreed to get us a hotel and ticket package for the sphere show in Vegas.  Hopefully, it might be as cool as Zoo TV in at least a small way. I was kinda emotional buying those tickets last night.  I know it won't be the same, but it was one of those tours that got away and now, maybe I might get a second chance. Silly, but I thought you folks might understand. Sorry for the long winded first post. Anyway, I'm Steve, nice to meet you all.

• thumbs up 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Futureboy358 said:

Hi, i thought I'd pop in and say hi. New to the board but I LOVE U2 and also enjoy chatting with fellow fans. I've been a fan since I first heard Rejoice years and years ago, and fell in love with that  epic guitar sound.  Achtung Baby is probably my favorite album, but Joshua Tree is way up there on the list and I admit I have a huge love for Pop. I've only managed to see them live once-a few years back on the innocence and experience tour in chicago.  I almost got to see the Zoo TV tour years ago. I was a teenager and they had expressed interest in bringing the tour to memorial stadium in Champaign IL. That's the football stadium for the university of illinois. But, the city leaders in their glorious wisdom decided not to let them use the stadium because of noise concerns and that it would destroy the field. I was heart broken..I still believe that is the coolest tour ever by a rock band, and I didn't even get to go! But, my wonderful wife agreed to get us a hotel and ticket package for the sphere show in Vegas.  Hopefully, it might be as cool as Zoo TV in at least a small way. I was kinda emotional buying those tickets last night.  I know it won't be the same, but it was one of those tours that got away and now, maybe I might get a second chance. Silly, but I thought you folks might understand. Sorry for the long winded first post. Anyway, I'm Steve, nice to meet you all.

Hey Steve,

Welcome!

Zoo Tv was glorious! Best concert in my lifetime...was in Toronto.

I know exactly what you mean about being emotional about this one, father time creeps up on us all. I know this won't be the same experience (Bono was in his early 30's and I in my mid 20's) but I look at it as a bookend kinda concert in my U2 soundtrack life. I actually fear I may shed a tear to Love is Blindness guitar solo....amazing.

What dates do u have?

Enjoy my friend, BTW.....your wife is a keeper!