New Members Introduction Thread

bigwave

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Hello! 

I'm Sacha, a 35-year old female. I live in a small town in the Netherlands with my boyfriend and seven-year old daughter. (She is starting with guitar lessons and will learn to play U2 songs. When she is a little bit older I hope that I can take her to a U2 concert.)

This is my third year as a U2.com member but I really didn't know the site has a forum!

I went to the Elevation tour in the Amsterdam ArenA in 2005. Unfortunately I had to skip the 360 tour in the Amsterdam ArenA in 2009, because my daughter was born shortly before. I gave my ticket away to a friend... I had to wait 'till the U2ieTour in Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam in 2015 to see them again... Hopefully I will be there at the concert this year, when they return to the Amsterdam ArenA! 

Have a nice day!

• Subscriber

Hi,  

New member, basically so to get access to pre-sales for the 2017 Tour. 

However I'd like to try to get some useful info passed up the chain, if possible: 

There seems to be a mixup as to where U2 is playing in the Bay Area on May 17th, as it's listed in both San Francisco, and Santa Clara.   The Levi Stadium is in Santa Clara. 

I just wanted to give a heads up, to avoid any embarrassment for locals or for the band. 

During the opening song of the 2011 360 Tour, they played in Oakland CA, but Bono shouted out: "San Jose! East of the Bay!"

Neither of which is correct. The audience was standing in an Oakland stadium. Yes, in the East Bay, but "East of the Bay" is as vulgar as calling San Francisco "Frisco".   

Someone please tell him not to address the Santa Clara crowd as San Francisco.  Or as "the City By The Bay".  That won't work.  "Bay Area area" is acceptable.

Thanks!