New Members Introduction Thread

bigwave

On 9/16/2017 at 9:54 PM, MacCready said:

Hey. Can't really remember when I became a fan of U2. I heard a lot of their stuff growing up, the main 3 singles for Joshua Tree, Beautiful Day and Elevation. I think it might've been while watching a telethon in 2006 and it showed bits from the Vertigo 2005 DVD. Found some of my dad's CD's and kinda listened from there. The next year he bought me U218 Singles and I really loved the music.

I've learned With or Without You on guitar, and won a town talent show my first time playing it in front of people I think in 2010. I had just learned the falsetto part for it and when I did it the crowd stood up and applauded. It's one of the songs I play the most at open mic, and my range for it has improved.

I finally got to see the band this year in Seattle. I was hoping for Vancouver, but I was locked out in the ticket sales and it didn't have 2 tickets available by the time it let me in. And then it did and the website kept crashing. That was a let down, but I finally decided to check for Seattle tickets and I seen 3 resales available and I paid for 2 of them for me and my dad for his birthday gift, and my dad paid for my brother's to drive us down. It's a night I'll never forget, hearing Bad even though it wasn't played at Vancouver and then the encore with I Will Follow.

Great to hear your journey with U2 and their music! I second bigwave's hearty welcome to the Zoo to you, MacCready!

:JT_Logo_01:

• 1 month later...
On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:13 PM, Europa_Thomas said:

Hello, Hello (Hola!)

I just joined the site, but I've been a U2 fan for a long time and I'm looking forward to connecting with other fans.

Hey, here is my welcome extended again, Europa_Thomas, welcome to the Zoo! Glad to have you onboard!

:JT_Logo_03:

• 2 months later...
  • The topic was featured
  • Community Moderator
2 hours ago, angelabrister said:

my mother always said, "you belong in the zoo".  Well, I guess I am officially a member.  He he....

haha....Welcome to the Zoo!

• Subscriber

So rude of me to not make an presentation first and done some posting already (blush).

Here is my U2 story and share it with all the love for this band.

My origin is Swedish but live now on a small Island in the Baltic Seas, so everywhere I go seeing U2 are an huge experience.  Been a fan since the Joshua Tree album came out, but have not seen them live so many times. So I decided last year to take back the missing years and was lucky to get tickets for Dublin and the Joshua Tree Tour 2017. I took a picture with an irish fan, guess what at the "Pub" outside the arena :), he had seen the concert at Croke in 1987 and it´s now on a frame home. Had also an extra ticket that I sold Facevalue to an Irish and if only the Pub in Malahide had not close that early.

Malahide with a roadtrip to Slane Castle was fantastic and also met some nice Irish in Spain on a holiday with my family.

LOVE U2, THE FANS & IRELAND

:u2-1383:

P.S I hope to get back with my family soon to Ireland and will bring the fishing rod. River boyne at Slane look like a place one can sit in old days when the band stop playing, maybe Bono joins. To sit on that soil for a u2 Fan gave me goosebumps and was happy not to bike out there. It was a Beautiful sunny day after the concert. The beach in Malahide I recommend for everyone and especially families, this is my U2 Story.

• Like 1