New Members Introduction Thread

bigwave

• Subscriber

hey guys, I am a newbie, I am from Cuba and I am 21, and I have loved U2 since I was 11 years old, although the first time I heard a song by them was when I was 7, it was I Still Haven´t Found What I´m Looking For... and it was amazing :D, I don´t have any U2 friend outside Facebook because all my friends hate the band and Bono, I hope I find friends here :D

• Subscriber

OMG Rebecca, I'm from Telford! I can't believe I've found a local Zootop, this is awesome AND your favourite single is MY favourite too (though I haven't actually updated my profile...well...ever, so it doesn't say) little excited now! Don't be shy, it's great fun here :) So long time fan or new to the fold?

Oh and big Zooey welcome to all the new folks :)

A mix of both. I grew up hearing U2's music thanks to my older sister who introduced me to a lot of rock music when I was little, so I was kind of a casual fan to start with. I heard them on the radio and recognised the songs etc, then I got massively into Oasis when I was about 10. My pocket money went on them all through my teens and then after they split, I needed another band to obsess over and I was able to concentrate properly on collecting U2's albums and singles and getting to know more about them.

Your sister clearly has great taste in music ;) Welcome to the Zoo Rebecca (or do you prefer Becky, Becca etc?) try joining some of the games, great way to break the ice if you are a bit shy :)

• Subscriber

OMG Rebecca, I'm from Telford! I can't believe I've found a local Zootop, this is awesome AND your favourite single is MY favourite too (though I haven't actually updated my profile...well...ever, so it doesn't say) little excited now! Don't be shy, it's great fun here :) So long time fan or new to the fold?

Oh and big Zooey welcome to all the new folks :)

A mix of both. I grew up hearing U2's music thanks to my older sister who introduced me to a lot of rock music when I was little, so I was kind of a casual fan to start with. I heard them on the radio and recognised the songs etc, then I got massively into Oasis when I was about 10. My pocket money went on them all through my teens and then after they split, I needed another band to obsess over and I was able to concentrate properly on collecting U2's albums and singles and getting to know more about them.

Your sister clearly has great taste in music ;) Welcome to the Zoo Rebecca (or do you prefer Becky, Becca etc?) try joining some of the games, great way to break the ice if you are a bit shy :)

I'm usually Rebecca, Beck to family. I'll do my best to join in and see if I can reach the next level of title by Christmas.

• Subscriber

I'm usually Rebecca, Beck to family. I'll do my best to join in and see if I can reach the next level of title by Christmas.

Still so excited that someone from Telford is here lol, I'm aiming for my next title by xmas too, Playboy Mansion next. Have fun, see you round the Zoo :)

• Subscriber

Hi Zootops,

My name is Lionel. I'm French, I live in Paris (well the suburbs :P)

I bought my first U2 album in 1993, Zooropa, as you may have guessed :P and I just fell in love and bought everything I could lay my hands on after that. I've been a Zoo member twice already but didn't really get involved in it until last September and I already met some very nice people so far... So I think I'll stick around for a while ;)

Nice being here,

See you around U2 freaks! ;)

PS: Forgot to say I'm 35 :P

Edited by lionwehr240579