New Members Introduction Thread

bigwave

• Subscriber

I look forward to chatting U2 with decent minded fans I'm a all about the music not interested in the other activities any of the band do.

Hi Chris, welcome to the zoo.

permit me one question: don't you think their music is influenced by what they do? how can you separate the 2 things? Of course i am not considering knowing by heart their trainer' names and not even the dog's :)

I look forward to chatting U2 with decent minded fans I'm a all about the music not interested in the other activities any of the band do.

Hi Chris, welcome to the zoo.

permit me one question: don't you think their music is influenced by what they do? how can you separate the 2 things? Of course i am not considering knowing by heart their trainer' names and not even the dog's :)

Hi Monica, I think that the things done out with the band (I.e. Bono's sucking up to war criminals like George W Bush and Tony Blair) should not cross over into the music because I think that if has had more of a negative impact on the bands music than a positive impact and the music has suffered for it over the years.

• Subscriber

How did you know I hate cheese and onion crisps?

I am the fount of all knowledge, you know that  ;)

(a.k.a you posted some bleugh yuk nooo sound when I was scoffing some a while back!)

• Subscriber

Hi I am 45 years old so I'm quite old in terms of being a U2 fan, I actually don't like Coldplay and I get comments thrown at me about my name but I am not as mundane and boring as THE Chris Martin.

As I said before I never went to meet up's because I have seen first hand how some U2 fans can be horribly obsessive and it really puts me off going to things out with concerts when it comes to U2 I'm sad to say, I have met the band a few times as I said before and have to say the behaviour from some U2 fans leaves a lot to be desired.

Oh & 45 isn't old :P

Oh it so is  :lol:  :P been there done it lol...

• Community Moderator

Hi Chris

Look out for Anj she has a thing about Coldplay :)

Oi!! I will force feed you cheese and onion crisps if you're not nice to me y'know!

Now to Chris, nice to meet you, not surprised to see you in here, knew it was a matter of time really since we seem to chat about Coldplay more than U2 these days. You must have been listening to rock from a very early age if you liked U2 from the early 80's - were you put off from going to meet ups because you were still in a pram them/barely walking? I s'pose you could gurgle along to the songs. :)

Are people still mixing you up with James Morrison btw?

PS. We will always judge you lol

Hi I am 45 years old so I'm quite old in terms of being a U2 fan, I actually don't like Coldplay and I get comments thrown at me about my name but I am not as mundane and boring as THE Chris Martin.

As I said before I never went to meet up's because I have seen first hand how some U2 fans can be horribly obsessive and it really puts me off going to things out with concerts when it comes to U2 I'm sad to say, I have met the band a few times as I said before and have to say the behaviour from some U2 fans leaves a lot to be desired.

Welcome Chris.  And I just want to say that I'm not the least bit obsessed with Larry at all.  Just saying....

• Subscriber

And I just want to say that I'm not the least bit obsessed with Larry at all. Just saying....

Who are you, and what have you done with the real Mich40 ?

Edited by xrayjets

• Subscriber

And I just want to say that I'm not the least bit obsessed with Larry at all. Just saying....

Who are you, and what have you done with the real Mich40 ?

The real one has gone in search of Tina to see what she's done with our Man of Steel!! Where in the world are they?! ;)