New Members Introduction Thread

bigwave

Hi I'm Sarah! :) 

I am a longtime fan of U2, I lived in Ireland for a few years but originally from Australia and now I'm in London.  :wub: 

I saw U2 perform a few years ago on their vertigo tour in Australia!  :lol: 
My favourite U2 song is still 'where the streets have no name' ! Love the vocal melodies and the guitar delay parts and just the whole song in general!  B) 
They are a huge inspiration for my songwriting (I am a singer in a band) and many people have told us our melodies and instrumentation has elements of U2 in it.  ;) 
Sarah x  :P lol had fun with the smily faces  ^_^ 
PS if you want to check out the cover I did here's a link to it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_hDFRVgIeI&feature=youtu.be

Edited by sarahstarr

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone, just want to say hello.  What made me join and become an official fan were the songs Ordinary Love and Invisible!!  I've always liked them since the late 80's when I was in jr. high school.  I think "With or Without You" was the first song I heard.  I have not attended any of their concerts yet, but hope to one day.

~Christine

• Subscriber

Hi Chris, welcome aboard, there is a wealth of information for you to explore around here. Personally I drift in and out from time to time, I have been into them for a number of years, and am heartened to know that they can still attract a vibrant young audience, Ordinary love certainly is a great tune, as is Invisible in its own unique way. 

have you got a few albums ? if so, which ones are your favourites.

Hi, thanks for your welcome messages.  I have only one cd, All That You Can't Leave Behind.  I got it shortly after I heard "Beautiful Day" like 10 yrs ago-  then I finally got an ipod and got the other songs on itunes.  From the Boy and War album I like Refugee and Electric Co.  Since I am home from work today here is a list of songs I have on my ipod:

Ultra Violet

All Because of You

Gone

Desire

Vertigo

I"ll Go Crazy if I Dont Go Crazy

One

One Tree Hill

All hit singles from the radio 

Oh and I have the 360  book with the cd of Edge's song list.  Can you recommend any songs to listen to again?  All I did was hear the samples on itunes.   I've been listening to them non stop since January.  I take the train to work so I relax and take advantage of down time.  U2 is amazing.  Their lyrics are so complex and the melodies are so flowing. I love it!!!  I was, key word WAS, a big fan of another 80's rock band who released albums every 2 years.  Their songs are so simple and all sound alike.  I think they write and tour only for the money.

• Subscriber

Hi I'm Sarah! :) 

I am a longtime fan of U2, I lived in Ireland for a few years but originally from Australia and now I'm in London.  :wub: 

I saw U2 perform a few years ago on their vertigo tour in Australia!  :lol: 

My favourite U2 song is still 'where the streets have no name' ! Love the vocal melodies and the guitar delay parts and just the whole song in general!  B) 

They are a huge inspiration for my songwriting (I am a singer in a band) and many people have told us our melodies and instrumentation has elements of U2 in it.  ;) 

Sarah x  :P lol had fun with the smily faces  ^_^ 

PS if you want to check out the cover I did here's a link to it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_hDFRVgIeI&feature=youtu.be

Hi, I am new here. 

So glad that I finally joined

Hi everyone, just want to say hello.  What made me join and become an official fan were the songs Ordinary Love and Invisible!!  I've always liked them since the late 80's when I was in jr. high school.  I think "With or Without You" was the first song I heard.  I have not attended any of their concerts yet, but hope to one day.

~Christine

Hello, welcome to all of you :D:P