New Members Introduction Thread

bigwave

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Europa_Thomas said:

Looks like there’s a lot I don’t know about attending a U2 concert (my first will be in June.) How do you get a GA?

Oh my gosh...That is a hotbed issue on U2.com right now.  I suggest you read the 2018 presale threads.  This one is for new member introductions.  I forgot to check this thread's topic. I promised a Zootopian who called me out that I'd be more careful about staying on point in threads.  GA=General Admission.   Read the presale threads and you'll find out what is up with GAs.

Edited by Manohlive

• Community Moderator
11 hours ago, Europa_Thomas said:

Looks like there’s a lot I don’t know about attending a U2 concert (my first will be in June.) How do you get a GA?

11 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Oh my gosh...That is a hotbed issue on U2.com right now.  I suggest you read the 2018 presale threads.  This one is for new member introductions.  I forgot to check this thread's topic. I promised a Zootopian who called me out that I'd be more careful about staying on point in threads.  GA=General Admission.   Read the presale threads and you'll find out what is up with GAs.

Good call on turning this back to on topic, Manohlive. 

Before we do, as he said, GA is General Admission aka Floor Standing aka the hottest ticket to try to buy, but also one of the most affordable ones. Doing GA has been highly documented by this guy here: http://onlineonthehorizon.com/ga-guide/

• Like 1

• Subscriber

Oh Jeeeeeez,

I just didn't recognize this thread when I joined this community last year, sorry :D
But I had a very good start here and already connected with some super nice people :) 
Hope you don't mind if I do a little belated introduction.

35 years old, from Germany.
I am completely addicted to music, I literally live through music. Love going to gigs and playing guitar :)
Well yeah, obviously I maybe love U2?! :wub:
I stumbled across this site accidentally when I decided to join
the fanclub when buying tickets for JTT2017 went down worse than buying tickets for IETour. 
Sadly I only started to go to U2 gigs in 2015.
There is no real excuse, maybe money issues when I was younger, when I went to school I was
always broke and afterwards the first years didn't went down that well, so yeah... I started going to gigs
on a regular base when I was already 27 years old.
My first real and conscious memory with U2 is my teenage me, watching MTV and then suddenly "Hold me, thrill me,
kiss me, kill me" came up... I was hooked. And they never left me since.
I only really regret that I was still too young for attending a Zoo TV gig and too stupid and broke for going to Elevation tour.
I'm just super happy that I still have the chance to make a bit up for everything I missed and that the
lads still like to go on tour for us :)

Ok, sorry for rambling around a bit too much eventually.

Have a nice evening/night/day wherever you are!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Hey Chulia83.  I loved your comments. I love the video/song, Hold Me, Thrill Me...Thanks for making me feel quite old, and welcome to this Zoo.  :)

Thank you :) Oh and sorry, I didn't want to make you feel old, that wasn't quite my intention :ph34r: We are all only as old as we feel!
And we never really grow up, don't we? We just learn how to act in public :D

11 hours ago, russpm said:

Hold me , thrill me, kiss me, kill me is awesome live too, let's hope it's on the set list somewhere on this tour.

That would be soooo cool. somehow like closing a circle...
I remember when I went to my first Muse gig, they played the song that made me fall for them,
I didn't expect it because they didn't play it too often during that tour, it was really emotional for me :) 

• 2 weeks later...