New Members Introduction Thread

bigwave

• Subscriber

Long time fan but just recently came aboard here (to get the presale)..  I am rather young for a U2 diehard (32) and my favorite U2 albums are Achtung Baby, Pop, JT and Zooropa.  But I honestly don't think think there's a bad one either.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, u2guitarnab852 said:

Long time fan but just recently came aboard here (to get the presale)..  I am rather young for a U2 diehard (32) and my favorite U2 albums are Achtung Baby, Pop, JT and Zooropa.  But I honestly don't think think there's a bad one either.

Welcome, I'm an even younger U2 diehard (22) who lives in NC.

• Subscriber
On 4/13/2018 at 5:25 PM, u2guitarnab852 said:

It's amazing that due to the length of their career, we all have different albums that define our love of the music. My bf is in his early 50s and remembers listening to War over and over on his very awesome Sony Walkman. Some co-workers have told me JT defined thier college years unlike any other music of the time. I saw bits on FB a while back from be fan in thier 20s who lived in NJ and ATYCLB was the  album that got them through 2001 with clarity.

AB was it for me... I remember being a impressionable tween and U2 being part of the media blitz that took me from innocent to experience, so to speak. ?All I wanted was to see Zoo TV. Their were some riots going on in LA and I was outraged that police officers were allowed to beat a black man without consequence. JFK, the Oliver Stone film had just come out. In retrospect, the film is outrageous but at the time, I was dumbstruck that our own government could even be implicated in such things. Everything was not as it should be. Then there is Bono confirming that everything I know is a lie. It was perfectly leading up to a new US president who I was certain would make everything better. He didn't. Zooropa followed and I just discovered foriegn films and Portishead and anime. It all fit perfectly. I was hooked. ❤️❤️ I didn't make it to see Zoo TV but my first show was PopMart. It was amazing and I have not missed a show that's come around to CA since. ??

• Like 2

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, shooboxx said:

It's amazing that due to the length of their career, we all have different albums that define our love of the music. My bf is in his early 50s and remembers listening to War over and over on his very awesome Sony Walkman. Some co-workers have told me JT defined thier college years unlike any other music of the time. I saw bits on FB a while back from be fan in thier 20s who lived in NJ and ATYCLB was the  album that got them through 2001 with clarity.

AB was it for me... I remember being a impressionable tween and U2 being part of the media blitz that took me from innocent to experience, so to speak. ?All I wanted was to see Zoo TV. Their were some riots going on in LA and I was outraged that police officers were allowed to beat a black man without consequence. JFK, the Oliver Stone film had just come out. In retrospect, the film is outrageous but at the time, I was dumbstruck that our own government could even be implicated in such things. Everything was not as it should be. Then there is Bono confirming that everything I know is a lie. It was perfectly leading up to a new US president who I was certain would make everything better. He didn't. Zooropa followed and I just discovered foriegn films and Portishead and anime. It all fit perfectly. I was hooked. ❤️❤️ I didn't make it to see Zoo TV but my first show was PopMart. It was amazing and I have not missed a show that's come around to CA since. ??

Zoo Tv is my dream tour!  Pop is a close 2nd!  So jealous you got to go.  I was 12/13 when Popmart came to RFK stadium in DC....  I listened to the show updates on the local rock radio....  I vowed never to miss a U2 tour once I was able to go on my own... Thanks for sharing your thoughts on AB!  It's so brilliant its hard to believe it caused so much turmoil in the band prior to its release. Whats your fav on the album?  Every single song is great but I'd say Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World and SO Cruel are my current favorites....

Edited by u2guitarnab852
  • Like 1

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, u2guitarnab852 said:

Zoo Tv is my dream tour!  Pop is a close 2nd!  So jealous you got to go.  I was 12/13 when Popmart came to RFK stadium in DC....  I listened to the show updates on the local rock radio....  I vowed never to miss a U2 tour once I was able to go on my own... Thanks for sharing your thoughts on AB!  It's so brilliant its hard to believe it caused so much turmoil in the band prior to its release. Whats your fav on the album?  Every single song is great but I'd say Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World and SO Cruel are my current favorites....

Mine too ❤️ We are nearly the same age so it was of course not on my bucket list at the time Zoo tv was actually up and running around the world ;) 

if there is only a small chance for a AB/ZooTv revival, count me in. There is simply nothing that I don’t love from that era/album. One of my all time faves. I‘ll never get tired listen to it :) 

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, u2guitarnab852 said:

So cruel has always been a favorite...ive gone back and forth on who I am in song...it's just haunting.. Acrobat is another. I'm sosososo SO excited to hear it live. ?

• Like 1

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, chulia83 said:

Mine too ❤️ We are nearly the same age so it was of course not on my bucket list at the time Zoo tv was actually up and running around the world ;) 

if there is only a small chance for a AB/ZooTv revival, count me in. There is simply nothing that I don’t love from that era/album. One of my all time faves. I‘ll never get tired listen to it :) 

8 hours ago, shooboxx said:

So cruel has always been a favorite...ive gone back and forth on who I am in song...it's just haunting.. Acrobat is another. I'm sosososo SO excited to hear it live. ?

If any of you have a Instagram, send me a request, would love to follow your U2 ventures.  I'll be posted a lot from the Atlanta show in May, @timmyallenwvu