New Members Introduction Thread

bigwave

Hi, just signed up or re-signed up.  It's been a long time since I've been around, a very long time because...well...life, you know?

I've been a fan since the mid 90's when I was introduced to U2, and like I imagine for so many others here, it's been these 4 wonderful Irish lads and their music that have seen me through all the ups and downs and curve balls I've had to navigate around in this life.

I guess I've been away because I had to break it down to find my true roots once again.  So here I am.

It's good to be "home".

• Community Moderator
48 minutes ago, LemonTree7 said:

Hi, just signed up or re-signed up.  It's been a long time since I've been around, a very long time because...well...life, you know?

I've been a fan since the mid 90's when I was introduced to U2, and like I imagine for so many others here, it's been these 4 wonderful Irish lads and their music that have seen me through all the ups and downs and curve balls I've had to navigate around in this life.

I guess I've been away because I had to break it down to find my true roots once again.  So here I am.

It's good to be "home".

Welcome back!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Hello All!  I've been a fan since being introduced to U2 by college radio in 80s right before their popularity really exploded in the USA with the War album.  Getting older, but will never "outgrow" U2!  Only got to see them live once ... so far!  Glad to be here.

Chris

P.S.  PM if anybody knows where I can get the "fruit" compilations?  There seems to be a lot of them, but I'm not having any luck.

• Subscriber

Hi 2 @Jforrest1  ,  @LemonTree7 , @Imakeller

2 hours ago, Imakeller said:

P.S.  PM if anybody knows where I can get the "fruit" compilations? 

If you mean the Melon remixes, that was something subscribers got in the 1990's.  It was not a commercial release.  Salome' and Lemon are generally the two most popular on it but there are others. They are on YouTube.  If you have not heard it, I highly suggest Salome'.   It's incredible.    

U2melon.png

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Imakeller said:

Hello All!  I've been a fan since being introduced to U2 by college radio in 80s right before their popularity really exploded in the USA with the War album.  Getting older, but will never "outgrow" U2!  Only got to see them live once ... so far!  Glad to be here.

Chris

P.S.  PM if anybody knows where I can get the "fruit" compilations?  There seems to be a lot of them, but I'm not having any luck.

Welcome to Zootopia...

Regarding the compilations... The only official one would be Melon: Remixes for Propaganda, which - as Manohlive mentions - was given to Propaganda subscribers in 1995.

The other CDs with fruit names are not official - most of those remixes are lifted from singles, and many of those you can find on any streaming service (like Spotify or Youtube Music). This also applies for Melon: the remixes either appeared on previous singles or were part of future singles...

As for looking for them on Zootopia (or any other album, single or other piece of memorabilia),  be aware that the rules of the board don't allow for sales of any kind (or offers to buy them).

• Subscriber

Just resubscribed as well.  Been here on and off for seemingly decades but not for a year or two.

Nice to get an incentive in the live CD, though the offered DVD for the costliest subscription is also available on bluray, so a bit of a non-starter for me !

I do wish there was more physical media available in the shop though - particularly the deluxe editions of the later albums.

(Something to use the discount code on would be nice !) :P

• Subscriber

Thanks for the warm welcome and additional info @Manohlive and @Max Tsukino

You got me pointed in the right direction on Melon and the other unofficial fruit compilations.  Nobody has them all, but over the years I've been pretty aggressive in picking up the CD singles when I can, so I may not be really missing anything with the unofficial compilations.

Thanks again.