New Members Introduction Thread

bigwave

• Subscriber

Hi everybody! a new fan from france ! this year for my birthday, i made myself one gift: subscribe to U2.com, becoming a real member of the community, and why not next year, having a ticket for the irish boys !! i don't post very much, but when i have something to say i don't hesitate !

• Subscriber

Hi everybody! a new fan from france ! this year for my birthday, i made myself one gift: subscribe to U2.com, becoming a real member of the community, and why not next year, having a ticket for the irish boys !! i don't post very much, but when i have something to say i don't hesitate !

Happy birthday!

Joshua Tree converted me, since then U2 has been my #1. 6 concerts, hopefully 7 soon...SOI is phenomenal, cant wait for SOE and more great songs. Its hard to imagine if U2 didnt exist, i dont know who would fill that musical spiritual space...im so grateful for them. They bring light to the world and hope to the heart. Keep it up fellas.

• Subscriber

Long time fan since War. First gig was Lovetown in Dublin. Best gig(s) have to be Zooropa in Cork (Im the guy Bono held onto for Until the End Of The World :D) and Dublin in 93, Slane Castle and Croker for 360. Best album for me is Achtung Baby but Son gs Of Innocence is running a very close 2nd and is my new "always on" record. Thanks for the warm welcome and roll on the tour (after Bono gets well of course), get well soon. Cheers.

Edited by baz1973

• Subscriber

I'm Rebecca from Telford, England. I joined at the start of this year but am just making my first posts in the Zoo today. I tend to lurk, read a lot and not post much, but I will try and get over my shyness!

OMG Rebecca, I'm from Telford! I can't believe I've found a local Zootop, this is awesome AND your favourite single is MY favourite too (though I haven't actually updated my profile...well...ever, so it doesn't say) little excited now! Don't be shy, it's great fun here :) So long time fan or new to the fold?

Oh and big Zooey welcome to all the new folks :)

Edited by Rhi_K

• Subscriber

I'm Rebecca from Telford, England. I joined at the start of this year but am just making my first posts in the Zoo today. I tend to lurk, read a lot and not post much, but I will try and get over my shyness!

OMG Rebecca, I'm from Telford! I can't believe I've found a local Zootop, this is awesome AND your favourite single is MY favourite too (though I haven't actually updated my profile...well...ever, so it doesn't say) little excited now! Don't be shy, it's great fun here :) So long time fan or new to the fold?

Oh and big Zooey welcome to all the new folks :)

A mix of both. I grew up hearing U2's music thanks to my older sister who introduced me to a lot of rock music when I was little, so I was kind of a casual fan to start with. I heard them on the radio and recognised the songs etc, then I got massively into Oasis when I was about 10. My pocket money went on them all through my teens and then after they split, I needed another band to obsess over and I was able to concentrate properly on collecting U2's albums and singles and getting to know more about them.