New Members Introduction Thread

bigwave

• Subscriber

I wanted to see PopMart tour when I was 7, which my Mom turned down. She made it up and took me to my first show ever in 2005, the Houston show on the Vertigo tour.

I wanted to see the PopMart tour when I was in high school but I was living with my grandmother for a while and she wouldn't let me fly back to attend with my boyfriend - epic sads for us, it sounds like it was a GREAT show. But it does sound like your mom certainly made up for it. I'm glad you have such good memories with her and I'll think of you two in Chicago. <3
It was pretty funny how she turned down the PopMart tour. I was watching TV when an ad for the tour came on. It was very colorful (it was showing a bit of the "Discotheque" video) and I was amazed. I grabbed the closest notepad and pen I could find to write down the date and venue for Houston when I saw it scroll down the screen. I think the date was either October or November 28, 1997, almost 8 years to the day I finally saw them. Anyway, I went running into the bathroom with the notepad to show my Mom. I was sure she needed to know! Lol She was washing her face and I came in saying "Mommy, I saw these guys on TV and they have a show coming to town on this day and it looks really fun! Can we go?" She stopped, looked at the date on the paper, and said "No, I have to work that night!" I did the sad walk back to my room. I don't know if I even knew what I was looking at when I saw that ad, but it looked cool.

Will you be at the Chicago show?

It's so weird how we remember things like that and learn starting there. Like I said, I just remember that big poster hanging over my aunt's bed and here I am. It's also pretty funny that we were both thwarted on that tour by ladies in charge. : ) It seriously looked like she was gonna go for it for a minute and then, no, nothing. It was very sad. But here we are today and that's pretty awesome. : )

I will be! Ticketmaster snafus aside, I should be good to go - which ones are you heading to?

• Subscriber

I wanted to see PopMart tour when I was 7, which my Mom turned down. She made it up and took me to my first show ever in 2005, the Houston show on the Vertigo tour.

I wanted to see the PopMart tour when I was in high school but I was living with my grandmother for a while and she wouldn't let me fly back to attend with my boyfriend - epic sads for us, it sounds like it was a GREAT show. But it does sound like your mom certainly made up for it. I'm glad you have such good memories with her and I'll think of you two in Chicago. <3
It was pretty funny how she turned down the PopMart tour. I was watching TV when an ad for the tour came on. It was very colorful (it was showing a bit of the "Discotheque" video) and I was amazed. I grabbed the closest notepad and pen I could find to write down the date and venue for Houston when I saw it scroll down the screen. I think the date was either October or November 28, 1997, almost 8 years to the day I finally saw them. Anyway, I went running into the bathroom with the notepad to show my Mom. I was sure she needed to know! Lol She was washing her face and I came in saying "Mommy, I saw these guys on TV and they have a show coming to town on this day and it looks really fun! Can we go?" She stopped, looked at the date on the paper, and said "No, I have to work that night!" I did the sad walk back to my room. I don't know if I even knew what I was looking at when I saw that ad, but it looked cool.

Will you be at the Chicago show?

It's so weird how we remember things like that and learn starting there. Like I said, I just remember that big poster hanging over my aunt's bed and here I am. It's also pretty funny that we were both thwarted on that tour by ladies in charge. : ) It seriously looked like she was gonna go for it for a minute and then, no, nothing. It was very sad. But here we are today and that's pretty awesome. : )

I will be! Ticketmaster snafus aside, I should be good to go - which ones are you heading to?

The random memories are the ones that somehow last. I'll be in Houston, Dallas, and Chicago. Woo!

Edited by toyoracer

• Subscriber

Hello. New member Nova Celeste From Stormy California. I'm a bit of a lyric freak. That's why I LOVE u2 so much. They're lyrics inspire me to write too.

Here's one for all of  you too. Enjoy. Would love some feedback from other members.

Rattling Windows

Thunder in a storm was move’n in

Rattling Windows

Stepped out for a sight at the electric light show

Chilling blow shut the door closed

Then heard in a way I really can’t say

Why’d you let the door close?

Keys are inside guess you’ll just have to try

To climb through one of my windows

So he walked through the grass

To the glass door in the back

Hoped on luck hadn’t locked it

Then again in that way heard the say’n say

Better find you a window

Key and a kite were really pulled tight

By a howling winds blow

Then in a dark disappear thunder flooded their ears

Sounds like rattling windows

Yes in that way my friend I hear the rain’s move’n in

Better find you a window

Then in a dark disappear thunder flooded their ears

Sounds like Rattling Windows!

• Subscriber

Hello all, never was one for the whole fanclub thing really (had a bad experience with the members on the Iron Maiden one) but I joined the Pearl Jam 10club at the end of 2015 and that made me change my mind. I've been a U2 fan pretty much all my life, but I've only managed to see them once so far (360 tour) and I'll be at the FedEx Field show this year!

I expect I'll enjoy my time here as you all seem like a great bunch!

• Subscriber

Hello all, never was one for the whole fanclub thing really (had a bad experience with the members on the Iron Maiden one) but I joined the Pearl Jam 10club at the end of 2015 and that made me change my mind. I've been a U2 fan pretty much all my life, but I've only managed to see them once so far (360 tour) and I'll be at the FedEx Field show this year!

I expect I'll enjoy my time here as you all seem like a great bunch!

Welcome to the Zoo :)

• Community Manager

Hello fellow U2 members. Call me a Zoobie: not new to the Zoo by any means. Just new to this one.

A Zoob :)

Like it. We all were at one point, welcome new zoobs... at some point you become a zootop or a zootope I do believe...

Still trying to figure this out after being here 8 years. Still evolving perhaps.

What you like / dislike so far being here? Give us 2 shops of happy & 1 shot of sad?

Hello hello.

Another wanderer here.

Greetings from Manchester (UK)

Been a fan since 97 when I discovered pop.

First u2 show was at what is now called the etihad stadium on the vertigo tour 2005ish...I think.

Looking forward to chatting with fans from across the globe.

• Subscriber

hello one and all.Many years ago,as a 14 year old boy,a girl in my class at school (Gail Cooke), asked me "what music do you like?".I replied "well queen are allright". she sniggered and said "have you not listened to u2 ?" , I said "who the  fuck are u2". So I asked all my friends if they had heard of u2 and one of them said "yes i have a record " I said "can I borrow it " .He borrowed it to me and I was hooked . It was "under a  blood red sky" ..So it makes me proud to say , I have been a fan for 30 odd years and I was one of those before "live aid"