Atomic Countdown

bigwave

• Subscriber

I can now see the digital version (Remastered allbum and Reassemble) on amazon uk for £10.99 in total. Its listed when go onto the site via a laptop but not via a tablet or phone etc.

Edited by Carlos
  • thumbs up 1

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, buddyiahn said:

I guess we just had to wait until today. It’s there now and is cheaper but the same price after taxes (for me in CA). I suspect Amazon will lower it closer to release date.

https://amzn.to/3TJWqf2

That's still way too high. Please give us a scaled down package that is more affordable. I don't want the glossy pics and collectible cards. I have a bunch. They are cool but life is too busy to look at them anything but every once in a great while. I cannot take them with me, nor can I take the experience of having listened to the new material if I can't afford to buy the actual CDs.  I just want the music and the ability to purchase it without a bunch of other frilly expensive stuff.  It's paper - one spilled glass of water and it's ruined. 

We're not talking Limoge porcelain, here.  I'm rarely critical but $120   ???      😢 

Edited by Manohlive

• Community Moderator
1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

That's still way too high. Please give us a scaled down package that is more affordable. I don't want the glossy pics and collectible cards. I have a bunch. They are cool but life is too busy to look at them anything but every once in a great while. I cannot take them with me, nor can I take the experience of having listened to the new material if I can't afford to buy the actual CDs.  I just want the music and the ability to purchase it without a bunch of other frilly expensive stuff.  It's paper - one spilled glass of water and it's ruined. 

We're not talking Limoge porcelain, here.  I'm rarely critical but $120   ???      😢 

Keep in mind that it is not only 5 discs, but also a hardcover book of Anton photographs from that time and 8 art prints. 
(But I do understand that does not make the price more feasible for you in your situation)

• Subscriber
18 hours ago, AvANiceDay said:

It would be nice to celebrate all this HTDAAB nostalgia together 👀❤️🖤

117737F7-A97B-4F14-A0F9-A1CB81EEC9FC.jpeg

Livestream of the remastered Milan show would be good. Pretty sure I've still got my DVD with my copy of U218. Bit miffed they haven't dug that one like with Chicago - it's a great little highlight reel from that show even though there's a bunch of songs not included.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, peterferris8 said:

Livestream of the remastered Milan show would be good. Pretty sure I've still got my DVD with my copy of U218. Bit miffed they haven't dug that one like with Chicago - it's a great little highlight reel from that show even though there's a bunch of songs not included.

Yes the Milan show is great fun, shame it’s so short 🙁

• Subscriber
48 minutes ago, mich40 said:

Keep in mind that it is not only 5 discs, but also a hardcover book of Anton photographs from that time and 8 art prints. 
(But I do understand that does not make the price more feasible for you in your situation)

I do understand. I think it's all very cool. Unfortunately, it's just not possible. :)  Hopefully, after a while, Amazon will release a set more like what I bought for ATYCLB.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I am hoping Amazon will lower the price before the release date, as they often do. Most other 5 CD sets are around $50-60 and this shouldn't be any different, although I see the extras as another expense.

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, buddyiahn said:

I am hoping Amazon will lower the price before the release date, as they often do. Most other 5 CD sets are around $50-60 and this shouldn't be any different, although I see the extras as another expense.

Art/photography books on their own are quite a bit. Earlier this year my brother asked for a Star Wars concept art book for his birthday; I decided to throw in a Spider-Man concept art book as a bonus. In total it came to around £65, so £30+ each. Not to mention Anton Corbijn's reputation as a photographer precedes itself.