New Members Introduction Thread

bigwave

Hello, my name is Chris and I am new to this website, I've always tried to steer clear of U2 fan sites because having met some U2 fans I found the obsession just too much and having been a fan since the early 80's I get put off going to meet up's and the like.

I've met the band many times but have really always kept my love of this band away from my public life because I don't want to be judged.

I thought I would join up here because I'm sure this site will be full of people who just love U2 for their music?

Love And Peace Always

Chris

Edited by chrismartin1969

• Subscriber

Hi Chris

Look out for Anj she has a thing about Coldplay :)

Oi!! I will force feed you cheese and onion crisps if you're not nice to me y'know!

Now to Chris, nice to meet you, not surprised to see you in here, knew it was a matter of time really since we seem to chat about Coldplay more than U2 these days. You must have been listening to rock from a very early age if you liked U2 from the early 80's - were you put off from going to meet ups because you were still in a pram them/barely walking? I s'pose you could gurgle along to the songs. :)

Are people still mixing you up with James Morrison btw?

PS. We will always judge you lol

Hi Chris

Oi!! I will force feed you cheese and onion crisps if you're not nice to me y'know!

Now to Chris, nice to meet you, not surprised to see you in here, knew it was a matter of time really since we seem to chat about Coldplay more than U2 these days. You must have been listening to rock from a very early age if you liked U2 from the early 80's - were you put off from going to meet ups because you were still in a pram them/barely walking? I s'pose you could gurgle along to the songs. :)

Hi I am 45 years old so I'm quite old in terms of being a U2 fan, I actually don't like Coldplay and I get comments thrown at me about my name but I am not as mundane and boring as THE Chris Martin.

As I said before I never went to meet up's because I have seen first hand how some U2 fans can be horribly obsessive and it really puts me off going to things out with concerts when it comes to U2 I'm sad to say, I have met the band a few times as I said before and have to say the behaviour from some U2 fans leaves a lot to be desired.

• Subscriber

Hi Chris

Hi I am 45 years old so I'm quite old in terms of being a U2 fan, I actually don't like Coldplay and I get comments thrown at me about my name but I am not as mundane and boring as THE Chris Martin.

As I said before I never went to meet up's because I have seen first hand how some U2 fans can be horribly obsessive and it really puts me off going to things out with concerts when it comes to U2 I'm sad to say, I have met the band a few times as I said before and have to say the behaviour from some U2 fans leaves a lot to be desired.

Hey up Chris. Nice to meet you, you seem like a nice fellow. 

I agree with you, I find Coldplay rather boring and bland and not really my cup of tea. 

I think they currently are the most over rated band at the moment. 

But enough of them, this is a U2 forum! And hell yeah, there are some cool U2 fans on here. I am one of them. You should stick with me!

• Subscriber

Hi Chris

Hi Chris, welcome aboard ! Things are a bit quiet here at the moment, we're all patiently waiting for the new album....

I've met (in real life too) some really cool people through zootopia :)

Oh & 45 isn't old :P

Hi Chris

Hey up Chris. Nice to meet you, you seem like a nice fellow. 

I agree with you, I find Coldplay rather boring and bland and not really my cup of tea. 

I think they currently are the most over rated band at the moment. 

But enough of them, this is a U2 forum! And hell yeah, there are some cool U2 fans on here. I am one of them. You should stick with me!

Hi Macfoley nice to make your acquaintance, yes Coldplay are horribly over-rated a whining singer and very boring bland music, I look forward to chatting U2 with decent minded fans I'm a all about the music not interested in the other activities any of the band do.

• Subscriber

Hi Chris

Hello there. And you have made yourself popular by not liking coldplay!! 

I have done meet ups and some people are obsessives and can put off but have met some amazing people too. Some of my closest friends I have met in here with the only thing in common is a love of the same band. And from that true friendships have grown and have been on family holidays with people from here. And people on here who have supported me through a tremendous amount of crap and have solidly been there for me.

And met a lot of dodgy ones too who I would avoid like the plague!!!