New Members Introduction Thread

bigwave

• Subscriber

Hello hello! Been here for 3“ish” years and its the first time i am posting on the forum :) one more u2 fan for Brazil’s side of the force here 😅 

Been a fan of the band for 20/25 years so far (fell madly in love when i was 10 and “Pride” started playing on the radio) and the first time i got to see them live was actually in 2017 at the Joshua Tree tour (good thing is that i was finally able to pay for a ticket, every time they were at São Paulo i was completely broke and i got sooo happy that it was happening 🤣 still see the videos when i browse at my phone and miss that day!)

nice to meet you all! :) 

• Like 2

• Community Moderator
2 hours ago, RaissaJunker said:

Hello hello! Been here for 3“ish” years and its the first time i am posting on the forum :) one more u2 fan for Brazil’s side of the force here 😅 

Been a fan of the band for 20/25 years so far (fell madly in love when i was 10 and “Pride” started playing on the radio) and the first time i got to see them live was actually in 2017 at the Joshua Tree tour (good thing is that i was finally able to pay for a ticket, every time they were at São Paulo i was completely broke and i got sooo happy that it was happening 🤣 still see the videos when i browse at my phone and miss that day!)

nice to meet you all! :) 

Nice to meet you!

I've been posting in the weekend stream thread for two weeks now, but never presented myself...

Hello hello, i'm Cam from Montréal, Canada - i'm 24, been aware of the band since I was a child due to listening to tons of classic rock radio (and the Super Bowl, let's be real here).  I liked to bump War and the singles every once in a while as a teen, and I don't know what happened last year, but I became a full-time fan! Never seen them live, certainly hoping I will one day...For now, I settle on listening to them a ton, and watching their concerts!  It's nice to meet you all 😄

• Community Moderator
1 hour ago, camillettreault said:

I've been posting in the weekend stream thread for two weeks now, but never presented myself...

Hello hello, i'm Cam from Montréal, Canada - i'm 24, been aware of the band since I was a child due to listening to tons of classic rock radio (and the Super Bowl, let's be real here).  I liked to bump War and the singles every once in a while as a teen, and I don't know what happened last year, but I became a full-time fan! Never seen them live, certainly hoping I will one day...For now, I settle on listening to them a ton, and watching their concerts!  It's nice to meet you all 😄

Welcome to the Zoo! Glad you decided to join us. 

Helllooooo everyone. I've been reading here for a while and made an account last week to participate in the watch party but I haven't gotten around to introducing myself until now. 

Soooo, a few things about myself. I'm probably the youngest person here haha. I'm 23, born 1/7/1997. Unfortunately, none of my friends know what real music is and thus get annoyed whenever I bring up anything U2 related (I admit they probably can't handle my intensity... I can't help it 😅) So because they are So Cruel, I have come to the world of the internets to find people who can understand all my incoherent ramblings about 4 dudes from Dublin (especially the guy with the sunglasses, he's pretty cool). If there's anyone here near my age, that would be awesome so I don't feel like a tiny baby in the room with all the adults 😂.

Some other things about me, I like to write and draw and listen to music (obviously), and I like to read. I officially as of yesterday have nothing to do since I'm done with school for the summer, so time to stalk this place like a creeper 😂. So if anyone even has the fleeting idea of talking to me, please do because I'm going to be very bored and starved for social interaction (I already am please help me). 

Also, I'm trying to come up with an idea for my profile picture but I can't think of anything, so if anyone has any ideas that'd be great haha. 

Anyway, nice to meet everyone! 😄

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 2

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, ImInAPlaceCalledZootopia said:

Helllooooo everyone. I've been reading here for a while and made an account last week to participate in the watch party but I haven't gotten around to introducing myself until now. 

Soooo, a few things about myself. I'm probably the youngest person here haha. I'm 23, born 1/7/1997. Unfortunately, none of my friends know what real music is and thus get annoyed whenever I bring up anything U2 related (I admit they probably can't handle my intensity... I can't help it 😅) So because they are So Cruel, I have come to the world of the internets to find people who can understand all my incoherent ramblings about 4 dudes from Dublin (especially the guy with the sunglasses, he's pretty cool). If there's anyone here near my age, that would be awesome so I don't feel like a tiny baby in the room with all the adults 😂.

Some other things about me, I like to write and draw and listen to music (obviously), and I like to read. I officially as of yesterday have nothing to do since I'm done with school for the summer, so time to stalk this place like a creeper 😂. So if anyone even has the fleeting idea of talking to me, please do because I'm going to be very bored and starved for social interaction (I already am please help me). 

Also, I'm trying to come up with an idea for my profile picture but I can't think of anything, so if anyone has any ideas that'd be great haha. 

Welcome aboard !

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, ImInAPlaceCalledZootopia said:

Welcome!  I was 16 when I first joined a U2 community so I remember how it felt to be younger than most other people there. :) (I feel very old these days.)

I love chatting about U2 but can rarely find people to do that with, so if you want to PM me or whatever, feel free! Or you could start some new discussion threads if you have any good ideas.

9 minutes ago, Canadanne said:

Welcome!  I was 16 when I first joined a U2 community so I remember how it felt to be younger than most other people there. :) (I feel very old these days.)

I love chatting about U2 but can rarely find people to do that with, so if you want to PM me or whatever, feel free! Or you could start some new discussion threads if you have any good ideas.

Aww, thank you! At least you understand haha. And yeah, I have a lot of ideas and things I want to say but to be honest, I'm a really self-conscious person, I worry too much. I have a bad habit of tricking myself into believing nobody finds what I have to say interesting 😬. Not to turn this into "Feel bad for me" or anything.